Posts Tagged SEO
Search Engine Land Guide with the Periodic Table of SEO Ranking Factors – http://searchengineland.com/seotable…anking-factors
SEOmoz Beginners Guide to SEO – http://www.seomoz.org/beginners-guide-to-seo
SEOmoz 2011 Search Engine Ranking Factors – http://www.seomoz.org/article/search-ranking-factors
Google’s Search Engine Optimization Starters Guide – http://static.googleusercontent.com/…rter-guide.pdf
Google’s Webmaster Guidelines – http://www.google.com/support/webmas…y?answer=35769
Local Search Ranking Factors – http://www.davidmihm.com/local-searc…-factors.shtml
A snap shot of your site in the past:Â http://web.archive.org/
inbound links : https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/mysites
keyword search: Â Â http://www.spyfu.com/KeywordSmartSearch/
- Do a site: search
- How many pages are returned (this can be way off so donâ€™t put too much stock in this)?
- Is the homepage showing up as the first result?
- If the homepage isnâ€™t showing up as the first result, there could be issues, like a penalty or poor site architecture/internal linking, affecting the site.
Search for the brand and branded terms
- Is the homepage showing up at the top, or are correct pages showing up.
- If the proper pages arenâ€™t showing up as the first result, there could be issues, like a penalty, in play.
- Is the content showing up?
- Are navigation links present?
- Are there links that aren’t visible on the site?
Don’t forget to check the text only version of the cached page.
- Does the homepage have at least one paragraph?
- Do these pages have at least a few paragraphs?
- Is it template text or is it completely unique?
- Is there real content on the site or is the â€œcontentâ€ simply a list of links.
- Is the intent right?
- Are there pages targeting head terms, mid-tail, and long-tail keywords?
- Do a site: search Google for important keyword phrases.
- Check for duplicate content/page titles in the SEOmoz Pro Campaign App.
- Is the content formatted well and easy to read quickly?
- Are H tags used?
- Are images used?
- Is the text broken down into easy to read paragraphs?
- Good headlines go a long way. Make sure the headlines are well written and draw users in.
- Since the implementation of Panda, the amount of ad-space on a page has become important to evaluate.
- Make sure there is significant unique content above the fold.
- If you have more ads than unique content, you are probably going to have a problem.
Read more ………Â Â Â Technical Site Audit Checklist | SEOmoz.