Google+ hit the news feeds like a strategic and popular ton of bricks. But we havenâ€™t stopped there. In addition to breaking news, Mashable has provided how-tos and tools for maximizing your Google+ experience. Weâ€™ve sourced reviews from some of the networkâ€™s early adopters, and weâ€™ve also welcomed your input as you navigate one of the most buzzworthy social outlets of the year.
Read on for Mashableâ€˜s roundup of all resources Google+. Gather tips, analyze reviews, participate in polls and, as always, voice your thoughts in the comments below.
Google+ Tips, Tools and Talk
- Google+: The Pros & Cons
Here are some pros and cons of Google+, from the social networkâ€™s early users.
- Google+: First Impressions
Mashableâ€™s Ben Parr takes Googleâ€™s new social network, Google+, for a spin. Check out his review.
- The Google+ Cheat Sheet [PIC]
This Google+ cheat sheet includes most of the common syntax, hotkeys and tips you need to know to use Google+ like a pro.
- 5 Chrome Extensions That Improve Google+
Whether you want to get better notifications, enjoy improved sharing options, or scroll through your stream faster, thereâ€™s a free Chrome Extension to help.
- Make Google+ Look More Like Facebook
A new userscript turns Google+ into a Facebook clone.
- HOW TO: Make a Google+ Desktop App
Want an easy way to access Google+ while using Google Apps accounts? Hereâ€™s how to create a Google+ desktop app.
- HOW TO: Upload iPhone Photos to Google+
Who says Android phone users get to have all the fun uploading photos to Google+? Hereâ€™s how to do that with an iPhone, too.
- HOW TO: Get Your Own Google+ Vanity URL
Gplus.to lets you create a vanity URL for your Google+ Profile.
- HOW TO: Import Your Facebook Contacts on Google+
A new Google Chrome extension makes extracting Facebook contacts a lot easier, helping new Google+ users more easily reconstruct their respective social graphs.
- 10 Top Google+ Users Weigh In on the Webâ€™s Newest Social Network
Weâ€™ve scoured the profiles, Twitter feeds and blogs of the top Google+ users. You might be surprised to hear their reviews of the recent social networking phenomenon.
- What MySpaceâ€™s Tom Anderson Thinks of Google+
Google+, the search giantâ€™s social network, has just received a strong endorsement from MySpace co-founder Tom Anderson.
- Can Google+ Sustain Growth Beyond Early Adopters?
Google+ is getting rave reviews in the tech press and from early adopters, but weâ€™ve seen that with social networks before. Does Plus have what it takes to succeed long term?
- Whatâ€™s In a Name: Google+ Is Your Plus One
Ever wonder why Google picked a search-unfriendly and clumsy name for its ambitious new social network? The answer may be right in front of you.
- Get Ready for Google+ Games
It looks like Google has some big features planned for Google+, including a much rumored Google Games product.
- 5 Hilarious Google+ Parodies [VIDEOS]
Weâ€™ve found five funny videos that offer a comedic look at the new service, including some classic memes updated for the occasion and some spoof walkthroughs that will make you smile.
- Video Chat Faceoff: Google+ Hangouts vs. Facebook [POLL]
Now that Facebook has unveiled its video chat service, we have to ask: how does it compare to Google+ Hangouts?
- What Do You Think of Google+? [POLL]
Will Google+ give Facebook a run for its money, or will it fall flat like some of Googleâ€™s previous attempts at social?
- What Features Do You Want Google to Add to Google+? [OPEN THREAD]
Weâ€™d like to open this question to our readers: what features do you think Google should add to Google+ next?