Definitive Guide for Joomla + VirtueMart + JoomFish Multilanguage Shop
1. You must have version of Joomla! 1.0.12 – download from www.joomla.org
2. You must have installed VirtueMart 1.0.9 – download from www.virtuemart.net
3. You must have installed Joom!Fish 1.7 Stable – download it from www.joomfish.net
[NOTE] – Even Joom!Fish contains bots and module, it is installed at ONCE as a component. Please verify before install that your mambots/system folder has permitions to write in.
4. Install the languages you want to use in your Joomla! – Find all available languages by clicking here.
5. Add the VirtueMart Translations you are going to use in administrator/components/com_virtuemart/languages
6. Configure the languages in Joom!Fish in the standard way. Look at www.joomfish.net if you experience problems.
7. Add your products in the normal way in VirtueMart
8.1. Add to the folder administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements/ the files, that you should download by CLICKING HERE. You can upload those files easy with the Joom!Fish Content Element Installer. Get it from here and upload the files one by one and NOT AS ZIP.
8.2.Alternative way is to install the attached file as component. It will self remove itself and the installation will give back an error. Don’t worry, this should be exacly in this way.
Keep in mind that you need to do either 8.1 or 8.2 and not both of them.
9. Open the translation feature of Joom!Fish. Choose, what to translate from the dropdown and start translating the products, manufacturers, whatever.
10. Publish the translations.
That is it.
Edit on 13 January: Updating the thread with new versions and adding the self-adding support component.