Advantages of social bookmarksÂ Â Â : http://newsletter.blizzardinternet.com/advantages-of-social-bookmarking-for-smbs-and-hospitality-businesses/2006/07/31/
drive qualified traffic
will increase your link popularity
will eventually affect your actual rankings in the â€œorganicâ€ search engines
indexed by search engine like Google almost instantly.
keyword rich company bookmark available to others to share
disadvantage of social bookmarking. If you search to get a list of major Social bookmarking websites then you will get a list of 200 social bookmarking websites. These websites are indexed by search engine quickly also they vanish from search results quickly. As these websites are made using web 2.0 so there is ability to interact with readers, spammers and any one can take the advantage of it.
Social bookmarking is one of the latest online business trends for promotion website. There areÂ very less disadvantages compared to advantages.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Flickr
1. Basic account is free.
2. Cool social sort-of-thing
3. Lots of websites support Flickr integration
4. Lots of cool features, like geotagging, what model of camera took a photo, and more of the like.
1. Only 100 megabytes a month for a free account.
2. Videos are only for paying members.
3. Subject to being taken down for â€œquestionable contentâ€.
The advantages of blogs from an organizational perspective include the following:
1. The consumer and citizen are potentially better informed and this can only be good for the long-term health of our societies and economies.
2. Blogs have potential to help the organization develop stronger relationships and brand loyalty with its customers, as they interact with the â€˜human faceâ€™ of the organization through blogs.
3. Blogs, in an intranet environment, can be an excellent way of sharing knowledge within the organization.
4. Blogs can be a positive way of getting feedback, and keeping your finger on the pulse, as readers react to certain pieces, suggest story ideas, etc.
5. Blogs can build the profile of the writer, showcasing the organization as having talent and expertise.
The disadvantages of blogs are:
1. Most people donâ€™t have very much to say thatâ€™s interesting, and/or are unable to write down their ideas in a compelling and clear manner.
2. I have often found that the people who have most time to write have least to say, and the people who have most to say donâ€™t have enough time to write it. Thus, the real expertise within the organization lays hidden, as you get drowned in trivia.
3. Like practically everything else on the Web, blogs are easy to start and hard to maintain. Writing coherently is one of the most difficult and time-consuming tasks for a human being to undertake. So, far from blogs being a cheap strategy, they are a very expensive one, in that they eat up time. As a result, many blogs are not updated, thus damaging rather than enhancing the reputation of the organization.
4. Organizations are not democracies. The Web makes many organizations look like disorganization, with multiple tones and opinions. Contrary to what some might think, the average customer prefers it if the organization they are about to purchase from is at least somewhat coherent.